Heat & Glo True-42S-IFT will not light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marinus

Jun 9, 2020
Kingston
Tested my fireplace today and it will not light. There is propane in the tank, the valves are open, and batteries in the remote and backup ones are fresh. I recently replaced the house propane line to the furnace and fireplace. Furnace works fine. Could there be an airlock? Is that possible and if so how would I clear this on an IFT system. Appreciate some advice. Thanks.

How long is the new line to the fireplace ? If nobody bled the line by opening up a fitting at the fireplace it could take a long time to get gas to the pilot . Its only going through pin hole at the pilot so it will take some time to get all the air out of that line