Heat n Glo, Missing Knobs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

heatlo

May 3, 2022
Northeast
I have a Heat n Glo fireplace from 1999. I am trying to re-light the pilot, but it looks like all the control knobs are missing, or is it suppose to be like this? I can't find any images similar to this model online.

xas9RZmMTrykd0f_xZaHEw.jpeg

q9Uah8blTfKfW4YG6afDtQ.jpeg

You can see the valve control knob behind the metal cover plate. I can't remember if there were extensions on the knobs but you should be able to remove those two hex screws at the top and pull that plate to the side to access the control knob.

Reactions: heatlo
Check with your local Heat n Glo dealer. His parts guy should have the extensions you need. They simply press snugly onto the existing knobs, & you can install them without removing the faceplate.