Heat powered fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dgm43

Nov 20, 2017
Ohio
Does anyone use a heat powered fan on top of their pellet stove? If you do, do they work well?

It's a gimmick & since your pellet stove already HAS a distribution blower, it's not needed.
I had one with my Blaze King King Wood Stove. I doubt it would run on my Pellet Stove Now. It's just warm, not hot (Harmon XXV).

On the WS it would move air and I liked to think it took the place of 2 whiny small fans on the stove. But you had to really put your hand on the fan to feel it. It would spin like mad. I gave it with with WS and Wood.

My Pellet stove's fan is like hurricane compared to ECHO Fan (Heat Powered). But it was neat and gave me visual indicator of how hot the stove was. Worth 100 bucks. No.