Heat shield material

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mtodd62406

Jan 20, 2018
Laurel Delaware
Hey guys, I’m building a functional heat shield behind my stove and I was wondering what type of material is recommended as the tile/stone? I was thinking of putting up 6x12 wall tiles of the different types of stone basically being held together with the mesh backing. My only concern is the backing of the tiles that holds all the smaller pieces together being flammable...I didn’t know if I should go for a stone or tile that doesn’t have any mesh behind it or if t doesn’t matter. Hope this question makes sense.

Attachments

• BAF3DF4D-FA41-4EB7-9C16-6EAD49A85070.png
    BAF3DF4D-FA41-4EB7-9C16-6EAD49A85070.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 68
Check with the mfg. to determine what is used. If the mesh is fiberglass then it would be ok.