Heatilator CD4236IR Fan not coming on.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stlgasman

Jan 2, 2023
St. Louis, mo
I have a Heatilator gas fireplace insert. It isn’t use that often. It worked fine last winter now, when I turn on the unit, the gas comes on, and the flame ignites, but when the unit reaches the proper temperature, the fan doesn’t turn on. Any suggestions.

There is a thermal (snap) disk in the system that actuates the blower. It may have failed, or it could be out of contact with the firebox. If you can find it, it can be removed & tested with a match or a lighter.

1672750108109.jpeg

Yours looks to not have one. That rheostat box has a timer function built into it. I think it is 9 minutes. You have to make sure that is wired correctly. Let me see if I can find you a diagram for it. It is easier to show a diagram versus trying to explain.

Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 9.40.16 PM.png