Heatilator GC300 - Natural Gas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sunguy

Nov 14, 2021
Boston, MA
Hello,
We bought a house this summer and have a Heatilator GC300 with fan installed in the family room. the house is 25 years old but I am unsure how old the fireplace is..Anyways, the fireplace runs for a few minutes then turns it off then restarts, then turns off..all by itself..The pilot line stays on...What can the issue be?
Thanks in advance.

Pull the switch & disconnect the wires. Touch them together & let the fireplace burn. If the symptoms don't return, replace the switch. If it still happens, let us know. We will figure it out.

Thanks. I will try this
I have a the same problem, replace the thermopile and for a few days the unit was fine. Pilot never goes out just he burner. So, I'd like too know if the wall switch was the cause for you burner to go out.