Heatilator pellet stove stopped working, need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike0195

Feb 7, 2021
Ohio
We purchased a house that came with a heatilator pellet stove cab50. I’m new to pellet stoves. It stopped firing up when we turned the thermostat on. I’ve pressed the rest button and it still won’t light. I’ve unplugged it, and plugged it back. The exhaust fan does go on. I open the side panels the call light come on, it flashes the blue light 3 times, then a orange/ yellow light flashes 3 times. I tried pressing the snap disk jumpers when unplugged. I am at a loss. I’ve called the recommended service dealer and it will be two weeks at the earliest to come out. If anyone has any tips or help to offer that would be greatly appreciated.

Orange light flashing I believe is a problem with the thermocouple that is in the ceramic cover hanging over the burn pot. Check if the end of the twisted wires are still welded together and not cracked.

Reactions: gfreek
Orange light flashing I believe is a problem with the thermocouple that is in the ceramic cover hanging over the burn pot. Check if the end of the twisted wires are still welded together and not cracked.
Checked the thermocouple this morning there is small break in one of the wires. Thanks for the advice.

that will do it.