Heatilator PS50 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

You'refired

Dec 12, 2017
Canada
Hello, I just bought a new exhaust fan blower to install in my PS50, got it all locked in place, joined the terminal end connectors and.....nothing. The only thing I had to do was change the terminal end connectors from female to male and plug it in. I turn on thermostat and just get a low humming from the stove and blue light flashes 3 times. Other than bad connection to terminal end connectors I don't know what the problem could be. Ideas?

Check the specs on the motor and the voltage coming to it. Sounds like you decided to go with an aftermarket part that either doesn’t work or won’t run on the 119v your stove is supplying.

Does the exhaust motor spin freely by hand? Humming noise may indicate it's stuck. Also 3 blinks may not be factory setting. Thinking its 2 or 4, but will have to check.

Does the exhaust motor spin freely by hand? Humming noise may indicate it's stuck. Also 3 blinks may not be factory setting. Thinking its 2 or 4, but will have to check.
3 isn't factory setting but in discussing with pellet stove gurus I was told I could put it on 3 to get more heat from stove. Worked fine with previous motor. Is the 120 volt motor compared to the previous one being 115 volt an issue? Will check the impeller to make sure it isn't stuck.

So you see the red call light coming on when thermostat is turned up? As mentioned earlier does motor have 115v across terminals when call light is on?

So you see the red call light coming on when thermostat is turned up? As mentioned earlier does motor have 115v across terminals when call light is on?
There is a red light but then changes to flashing blue when stove doesn't start. I don't have a meter to test voltage so can't say. I do have new wiring as mentioned.

The blue flashing control board LED only occurs for the first 10 seconds of plugging in stove.

The red light is a separate light that stays in when thermostat is telling stove to run.

Assuming stove was operating correctly, a Green LED would come on within the control board after several minutes, then it would turn red when thermocouple reaches normal operating temps.

If the exh fan isn't turning then pellets won't drop and fire won't start (obviously).

The blue flashing control board LED only occurs for the first 10 seconds of plugging in stove.

The red light is a separate light that stays in when thermostat is telling stove to run.

Assuming stove was operating correctly, a Green LED would come on within the control board after several minutes, then it would turn red when thermocouple reaches normal operating temps.

If the exh fan isn't turning then pellets won't drop and fire won't start (obviously).
Thought as much, blue light is staying on as the stove will not start. Not sure if the voltage difference is an issue or not, have call in to people who sold it to me to discuss.

Wait, did you say the red light is inside your control box? There is a red LED light inside the control box that should only be on when your thermal couple has heated up. If you have a red light on inside your control board without a fire, then your thermal couple is probably burnt up.I’m using voice to text by the way so forgive any miss spellings

Wait, did you say the red light is inside your control box? There is a red LED light inside the control box that should only be on when your thermal couple has heated up. If you have a red light on inside your control board without a fire, then your thermal couple is probably burnt up.I’m using voice to text by the way so forgive any miss spellings
My wife said she saw it but by time I looked it was flashing blue 3 times. Thermocouple was done last fall but will check it. But wouldn't fan still start? I did hook up exhaust motor and test it and turns out it works so it isn't the motor or the 120 voltage vs 115 of previous motor. Control board? Sure hoping no.