Heating blower noise/whine like.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dec 10, 2018
Central NH
I'm on year 3 heating with my Castle Serenity pellet stove. Works fine. My only complaint is I'm getting tired of the whine
noise the room heating fan makes. I normally heat house on level 2, and leave it on level 1 at night. Still, I can hear the whine of the room heating fan all the way down the length of the house. Do all users of Serenity stoves have this noise ?
Motor volts is at minimum. Just a design issue ?

Fan bearings are dry. Take it out, clean it and oil the bearings, something you should be doing every spring anyway.

Probably filthy anyway.

Reactions: Ssyko
If you don’t have to, dont run it at its lowest voltage. It puts more stress on the motor than if it was wide open.

Cleaned annually, bearings are sealed. Fan spins easy. I may have described noise wrong. It's the
noise of the air blowing up thru the heat exchanger maybe ? Anyway, it works dependably.