Help About St. Croix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stove is an older analog model without any pushbuttons or fancy controls so i may not be able to help much after this...

Always be certain you have a tight ash pan and that cleaning rod is pushed all the way in... run your stove on 5 or 6 each day for about 20 to 30 minutes... this will help keep your stove clean and happy. You will have to do a complete cleaning after every ton burned... we'll help you out with that, too.

Try to fire it up and let us know how it's doing...

Csst said:
There are 2 manuals there is a Owners manual and a insulation one im talking about the owners one its not the great it has some info but not much

Yep, my apologies....Smokey mentioned it, and I just saw the 2nd download document for stove operation....edited my post.

reedit... Its a 90 degree from the stove up 79 inches and a 90 degree outside.. Yes it was professionally installed too

Csst said:
The length of the run is 79 inches from the stove to the top where it goes out??

And how long is the horizontal portion that goes through the wall?

I currently have a T plus 6' vertical plus 90 degree elbow. That is an EVL of 13 if it takes 2 feet of horizontal you are the the maximum for 3" pipe.

I'm assuming that the vertical portion of the run is actually 6'. I really need the description in terms of the pipe lengths.

Im not really good at describing the pipe lengths only because i dont know anything about them so that video of the run help out at all i can take a quick vid of the outside but it goes right outside from the top of that ceiling?

Csst said:
Im not really good at describing the pipe lengths only because i dont know anything about them so that video of the run help out at all i can take a quick vid of the outside but it goes right outside from the top of that ceiling?

You should have a bill that itemizes the pipe used for the vent.

I can not tell lengths from videos without a reference in the picture. A tape measure works just fine.

My whole reason for this is that proper venting is critical to having a decent burn. Normally we see problems in this area, especially on self installs, however it has been known to happen when the stoves are professionally installed.

Please make certain you reattach the OAK and that there is no restriction where the OAK exits the house.

Your EVL appears to be 14+ which is pretty close to the limit for 3" pipe.

That termination cap should be pointed down and not sideways.

Csst said:

Yup that is how that termination cap should have been.

OK, I see you have somewhat of a screen over the end of that OAK, if it were me that wouldn't be there during the burning season at all..

But you are going to discover how the stove runs with it there.

Make certain that your stove is clean and fire it up.

This what the order i got when i bought the stove?

1 A JC U ST O M A R C A D IA SH O R E 3 6X 3 6 SIN G L $

1 SC PR E SC O T T E X L ST C R O IX E X L LE G M O D E L PE LLE T $

1 SC 8 0P5 5 0 0 0 BLA C K D O O R , PR E SC O T T E X /

1 SC 8 0P2 0 1 0 3 ST C R O IX BLK LE G KIT

1 SD V 3PV PA D A PPLIA N C E A D A PT E R

1 SD V 3PV PT SIN G LE T E E W /C LE A N O U T T

1 SD V 3PV P6 0 6 0 " ST R A IG H T LE N G T H PIPE $
1 SD V 3PV PW T W A LL T H IM BLE (F O R 1 " C LE A R $

1 SD V 3PV PH R C R O U N D H O R IZ O N T A L C A P $

1 SD V 3PV PE 9 0 9 0 D E G R E E E LBO W $

1 SD V 3PV P1 2 1 2 " ST R A IG H T LE N G T H PIPE

1 SD V 3PV P1 2A 1 2 ' A D JU ST A BLE LE N G T H PIP

1 E F O A -2 .0KIT O U T SID E A IR KIT

BTW you think i should take that screen off? is it hard to do? And also thanks for taking the timeout to help me out you really been great!! So do you see anything wrong with the install?

i do know the guy that installed it said he needed one other part but and i had return some parts back i cant remember what they were though?

Csst said:
BTW you think i should take that screen off? is it hard to do? And also thanks for taking the timeout to help me out you really been great!! So do you see anything wrong with the install?

Well I'd see how the stove runs, but I can only tell you that screen isn't one I'd use and that the one like that was installed on my OAK intake is long gone.

ok i'll try to fire it up again last 2 question and i'll leave you alone..lol

you think the install is ok?

and next question you think its safe to run the pellet stove alot even when im not home? also ishould have mention this i use a thermostat and i am using the smartstat mode on the control unit also

Csst said:
ok i'll try to fire it up again last 2 question and i'll leave you alone..lol

you think the install is ok?

and next question you think its safe to run the pellet stove alot even when im not home? also ishould have mention this i use a thermostat and i am using the smartstat mode on the control unit also

I reserve judgment on the install until it has been running for a couple of days without pileups.

My stove was lit on October 9 and with the exception of two warm spells of less than 3 days total duration and the occasional cleaning it never gets turned off.

You do have to pay attention to the burn and not let the ash mess things up.

It isn't a start it up and forget device, solid fuels are not to be trifled with.

Yea everytime i run the stove i always open the front door clean it up with a shop vac open the bottom part clean the MESS of ashes thats in there (hopefully that will change) and also take out the ash tray inside clean the inside and around it witha shop vac and also pull both levers in and out to let all the tons of ashes fall and clean it all up and fire the unit back up again... Does this sound right to you?

Also you think its safe to run it tonight and sleep at night or you think im better off waiting til morning so i can fire it up and monitor it better?

I should have mention too when i was burning the flame seemed very tall and orange in color also?

Status
Not open for further replies.