Help Choosing Between Scan And Regency Inserts :-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

merisorul

Nov 14, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
We're looking for a wood insert and are debating now between a Scan dca4 and a Regency (their smalles model) We came to realize that nothing else would fit in our very small freplace. We have lots of info on the Regency unit but not much on the Scan. Any imput would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps someone has one of them and would like to share their opinion on the unit.
Thank you much.

if you don't have much room for a decent size insert perhaps a hearth stove would serve you better. I have a Hearthstone Homestead that works very well and puts out alot of heat. Don't know anything about the Scan's but the regency is a nice insert.

I have the regency I1200 insert. This is my first year with this stove and so far I love it. On cold nights this thing cranks and has gotten my house (800sqft) at around 78 degrees while only burning for 6 hours. The burn time is not that great but I load it up at 11pm or so and reload in the middle of the night before waking to coals.

hope this helps
dave

I am going to modify the title of the post so people don't think your house is burning down and to get you more pertinent responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.