help cleaning chimney liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joann

Hearth Supporter
Jan 21, 2010
nj
I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a jotul 450 insert with a 6 inch stainless rigdid liner. I am planning on sweeping the chimney out sunday and have a few questions. I will be using a poly brush and was wondering when i push the brush down the liner, do i go all the way into the stove. I thought that this might loosen up the cement that was used to make the stove to pipe connection. i was also wondering how hard it will be to pass the brush through the offset where the pipe is ovalized. i had the sweep out in the beginning of the season, and beleive i can do this cleaning myself. the hardest part is going to be dropping the baffle, and getting it to go back up correctly. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.