HELP! Distribution fan on Harman Accentra Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric D

Dec 23, 2012
Southeast Mass
Hi guys, last night I noticed the temp in the room was getting low so I went to the stove and noticed the distribution fan wasn't running.....I felt the top of the stove and it was abnormally hot. I immediately shut the stove off and today went into deep clean mode. I cleaned all aspects of the stove, even getting the stove off the ground high enough to look in the distribution blower under the stove and it was pretty clean. I put everything back together and started her back up. The stove ran great for 4hrs, then the distribution blower stopped working again. I have it on room temp auto set to 70f and it was 62f in the room, so it should have been running. I thought I got it fixed today, but I guess I was wrong! any idea what this is? I also hate to run the stove as all the heat is just going up the chimney. Please help!

no error messages either and it seems like the stove is still feeding when the controls are off>>?

Status
Not open for further replies.