HELP-Englander 55SHP Blower replaced, not receiving adequate power or signal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayman

Nov 19, 2013
United States
I have an Englander Pellet Stove, have replaced the combustion/exhaust blower, because when we turn it on we get an E1 code. We have run diagnostics, to see what it is, determined from troubleshooting either plugged flue or exhaust fan blower issue...so for $150 we bought and installed a new blower. What we see is the blower fan trying to turn, slowly at power "ON", it will continue to try to turn making a full rotation, and then will error, and stove shuts down, with Error code E1. Stove has been completely and utterly cleaned in all areas. I decided to test the blower, by connecting the electrodes to the power source for the room blower, upon doing this the blower (brand new) spins like a charm. What could possibly be the cause of it not blowing like this when connected to the electrodes for the exhaust/combustion. Is there anything else I can do??? It is not like the blower is not getting power, or the blower is bad, it is brand new, and freshly cleaned...it just doesn't power on full speed, and errors with E-1. What can I try???

Model is 55SHP Cannot figure out why exhaust blower is working when I jumped it to the room fan electrodes, but not when plugged into its own electrodes??? Does something regulate the amount of power to the Exhaust fan blower??? Desperate, need help, no expert here, I really need help. I was wondering if a reset on the control panel might be in order, but what are the settings I need for this model? LOST

Mike from Englander is on these forums often.
If you can change your title of the post..to include the name and model of the stove ..might hasten your replies.

Are there any snapdiscs in your stove??

The PCBoard regulates the amount of voltage goes to the fans on most stoves..But I don't know what yours is.

Theres also a website and or phonenumber on here for Englander..
Do a quick search for Mike from Englander and surely there will be more info on how to get quick help.

Their Customer Support is the best in the business.

OK, will work on changing the title, if I can. What is a snapdisc? sorry, haven't seen one of those on the parts page, will go looking for a manual, to see a diagram. Thanks a ton, hoping for something soon, with not too much more money to spend.

Jayman,

Have you checked your voltage and amperage at the connections for the exhaust motor? Should be 120(AC), don't remember the amperage off the top of my head. I had a very similar problem with my stove, turned out that where the wires went under the exhaust pipe chafed and caused a short which in turn took out the controlling Triac on the board. I was able to replace the triac, it wasn't easy, but its also my day job. That being said, until I got it fixed, I was able to run the stove with the exhaust blower plugged into the wall with a patch cable I made. Certainly not a long term solution, but it got me by during the cold months until the new chip I needed came in.

Eric

Call England's Stove Works! They are great, and will help you out.
Technical Support (800) 245-6489

Bill

Thank you Mike, from Englander, for going above and beyond and helping me to determine the problem, you were excellent. I wish the news had been different but you were just wonderful to work with, and should be commended. Your knowledge is superb!!!!! (Just for the information of anyone reading this post, it was determine to be the control board and one was ordered and hopefully on it's way very soon). The reason for the sluggishness of the blower, as explained to me, was a problem not delivering the amount of voltage needed to completely power the motor, therefore the board needed to be replaced. Thanks again Mike, you were excellent.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Thank you Mike, from Englander, for going above and beyond and helping me to determine the problem, you were excellent.
Thanks again Mike, you were excellent.

Typical quotes about Mike and England's Stove Works!

Bill

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Status
Not open for further replies.