help identifying sierra wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jlvolpe

Sep 7, 2021
baltimore
Hi all!

I browsed through the forum, but couldn't find the exact stove. Anyone have an idea of model/year of this stove? My husband and I just recently moved into a house with this stove.

Thank you!
Jill
pic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill, I found this stove in a couple of places online but no info. This looks like one of their stoves from the 70's which is not EPA rated. If you are wanting to know if this stove is going to serve you well for burning wood post some pictures of the inside top and back wall of the stove. Most of these older stoves work on very similar principles. Most of your Fishers, and other older stoves from this era have the air control on the front doors similar to this stove. With more pictures these stove guys can tell you more about the stove as far as efficiency and the best way to use it.