Help identifying stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dwm2020

Jan 4, 2020
Harwinton Ct
Hello all,
Just saw a stove posted for sale that I dont recognize,and the seller doesn't seem to have much info on it. I'm posting a picture hoping someone might recognize it before I drive an hour and a half to check it out.
Thanks in advance for any info!

Screenshot_20200104-204109_Facebook.jpg

Is there any text on the tag beneath the door glass?

Here are a few more pics of the stove

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200105-011124_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200105-011124_Facebook.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_20200105-011134_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200105-011134_Facebook.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 140
I got this from the person selling the stove.
Would someone be able to direct me to somewhere online to look up specs on this stove?
received_1113307672346613.jpeg

That helps a lot. I was going to guess an Earth Stove. This is a bit earlier. It is a Pioneer Castings Tradition T100. I am trying to determine if this was precatalytic or not. The Earth Stove Tradition 1 had a catalyst and was around 2.5 cu ft., but I don't see the bypass control on the stove posted. I think this was a few years prior with a simple baffle and no catalyst.

Thanks for the help!
Any idea on rough estimate of heating capacity of this stove? Asking price is fairly low,but I'm unsure if this stove would be large enough for my intended use.

Heating capacity is going to depend on a lot of factors including room size, insulation and sealing, climate zone, etc. It should do well enough for a 1000 sq ft home with an open floorplan and reasonably good insulation and windows for the northeast.