Help installing quadrafire 7100 chimney.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crashmymax

Dec 2, 2018
south dakota
I'm tired of waiting for the contractor to come install my chimney. Iv done everything else so far. Removed the old fireplace and chimney. Installed 7100, fresh air, auxiliary air,and have the heat runs planned out. What makes me nervous is once you connect the chimney pipe it cant be undone. A mistake could be costly. I have roughly a 35' run straight up. I dont think it will be to difficult. What is the correct way to start? From the bottom up or the top down? I'm also not sure if the fresh air for the chimney is supposed to be an outside or inside source. Thanks for any help, tips, or things to look out for. Winter will be over soon and I really want to try this guy out.

I'm tired of waiting for the contractor to come install my chimney. Iv done everything else so far. Removed the old fireplace and chimney. Installed 7100, fresh air, auxiliary air,and have the heat runs planned out. What makes me nervous is once you connect the chimney pipe it cant be undone. A mistake could be costly. I have roughly a 35' run straight up. I dont think it will be to difficult. What is the correct way to start? From the bottom up or the top down? I'm also not sure if the fresh air for the chimney is supposed to be an outside or inside source. Thanks for any help, tips, or things to look out for. Winter will be over soon and I really want to try this guy out.
You need to start at the bottom there is no other way to do it

Reactions: wooduser and Osage