Help My Country Flame Pellet Stove is not Eating!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Mom

Oct 7, 2008
Cedar Crest, NM
We bought a Country Flame Pellet Stove 3 years ago. This has been a nightmare. We fill the hopper full with pellets and pellets do not slide to the augger. Once the pellets go through it leave the augger area empty but yet there is a whole bag in hopper. Our stove then will shut off and will need to be restarted. The only way to get them down is to push manualy by hand. Does anyone else have this problem? I called the MFG they were no help and the dealer went out of business after many years (bad customer service I suppose!) Any suggestions or ideas??

Some people have had success by lining the inside of the hopper with a shiny, smooth stick on tape, or anything that will reduce the friction. Are your pellets nice and dry?

This has been discussed at length in another thread which may help you. I am going to follow a couple of the suggestions in the posts myself.

Go here.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.