Help on air intake on napoleon 1400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Muddinmann67

Dec 5, 2016
Leavenworth
I have a napoleon 1400 wood stove and when I bought it the air damper was damaged and hanging off the stove, I repaired it and it seems to be working correctly but I dont know for sure if I installed it and fixed it correctly, I cant find any schematics or pictures or info on how it is actually supposed to be when opened or closed, so if anyone can advise me It'd be greatly appreciated!
FB_IMG_1538153688059.jpg
FB_IMG_1538153779678.jpg

Well for starters your hearth is nowhere near big enough you need 16" in front of the stove. Also how much room do you have behind the stove and between the pipe and wall?

Not looking for installation advice, looking for air intake advice if I wanted installation advice I would have asked lmao.
I have to point out any unsafe condition i see. That is part of my professional code of ethics.

Single wall and is 20 inches from rear wall

So please no more comments about installation they're not helpful.
They are helpfull because what you have in that picture is unsafe due to lack of floor protection in front of the stove. You may not want to hear it but that does not mean it isnt helpful

Got it stop commenting unless your helping with my question.
Excuse me for trying to make sure you dont burn your house down. You wont get much help with that attitude.

Dude I appreciate the advice and I'm not the one getting butthurt I simply asked to stop commenting unless your helping me with my current air intake situation. So again I'll politely ask you to please stop commenting unless you're trying to help me find admissible information about the air intake, thanks in advance. Just trying to mitigate the number of responses I got.

Reactions: burnermike