Help!! pellet stove pp130

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

McSlappins

Nov 3, 2020
My pellet stove blowers keep cutting out both at the same time. Then stay off for a few seconds then they both kick back on at the same time. Only does it after it's been on for a while. It can go 4 hours+ without doing it then all of a sudden do it 5 or 6 times in a row. Pellet Pro has NO idea what it can be. I first did a deep clean, their is no ash or dust anywhere. Next I changed the cool air return hose, did nothing. Then I ordered a new convection blower, did nothing. Then I ordered a new control board, did nothing. Last I ordered ambient probe, and still nothing. When it does this the green light stops flashing and holds not blinking by the dial. I only holds green when it's shutting down. By the way Pellet Pro said it's all of these things and they needed replaced. If anyone has any idea please PLEASE share.
Thank you

Are you sure it is the stove and not where it is plugged in?
Try a different plug/circuit or if you have a surge protector
maybe going bad?

The only time your control dial LED should be solid green is when the auger is being primed, which usually requires you to turn the dial quickly from off-high-off-high. During shutdown, it should be rapidly blinking amber.

When this happens, does the auger run constantly while the fans are off? If so, it is in priming mode for some reason.

Have they had you replace the control dial daughter board?

The only time your control dial LED should be solid green is when the auger is being primed, which usually requires you to turn the dial quickly from off-high-off-high. During shutdown, it should be rapidly blinking amber.

When this happens, does the auger run constantly while the fans are off? If so, it is in priming mode for some reason.

Have they had you replace the control dial daughter board?
The entire stove pauses then goes again, I havent replaced the dial, their isnt a daughter board. It's a pretty simple stove except for this issue.

Are you sure it is the stove and not where it is plugged in?
Try a different plug/circuit or if you have a surge protector
maybe going bad?
Going to plug it in a different area without the surge protector just to see if it works. Thanks

The entire stove pauses then goes again, I havent replaced the dial, their isnt a daughter board. It's a pretty simple stove except for this issue.

I have two PP130s and love how simple and accessible everything is. :)

The dial control is the daughter board. If it's giving you a solid green LED, I'd be suspicious of it, doubly so if you've already replaced the main board and both fans.

Have you checked the security of the power cord connection on the back of the stove, too? I suppose that could be loose and cause intermittent power interruptions...