Help please with Morso 2110 Rope Gasket Sizing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Can someone tell me what size rope gasket is supposed to be used around the perimeter of the doors of the Morso 2110? I have replaced the original rope with 3/8" gasket rope, which looked like what came with the stove, but now I am having a hard time closing the doors. I can't tell whether I need a smaller rope gasket or whether I need to stretch out the rope so that it has a smaller (lower) profile once glued into the channel inside the doors.

Unhelpfully, the manual provides no guidance. Many thanks in advance.

The Morso folks in Denmark responded to my e-mail inquiry and advised that I need 8 mm (i.e., metric) gasket rope, which I've ordered from LITHUANIA (!) on eBay. I supposed I could've gotten some 5/16" gasket rope, but after prior frustration with using improperly sized rope, I'm just going to go with the manufacturer's specs.

Perhaps the gasket you tried was a bit too dense? I put a new 3/8" gasket on a 2110 a month ago and worked ok. This was a low-density Rutland gasket.