Help...replace blower - Heat-N-Glo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Schnicter

Oct 1, 2021
Buffalo, NY
Hi everyone. New guy here.
I just moved into a house with a gas insert. Heat-N-Glo model FB-GRAND.
The fireplace itself is working fine. However, the blower is not working - does not turn on at all.
I'm relatively handy and would like to replace it myself. I've watched the youtube videos and installing a new blower looks relatively easy.
However, the problem is - how do I get the old blower out? It's a very tight fit. I'm able to reach it with my hand and it moves side to side. But it doesn't seem like there is any way I can pull it all the way forward and out the front. It doesn't seem to want to move forward. Am I missing something?
Is there a way to do this without removing the entire insert (which is probably something I don't want to tackle myself).
Thanks.

Yes. So if the blower is not turning on "at all" that is a good indicator that it is not the blower. Check your power source, switch, reostat, thermo heat switch, etc first.