HELP! Thermostat question (help) for my Avalon APG

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gqllc007

Sep 1, 2014
Albany NY
I have a skytech 1001TH-A wireless remote thermostat. There is a wireless receiver box outside the stove. I have that on "remote". I have "learned" the transmitter. I have it set to control the temp once it reaches 68degrees. So here lies my problem. The stove is set to TSTAT. There is a +- 2degrees response temp that the remote informs the stove to either stop or start. The stove will sometimes start but once it gets to 2 degrees over 68 it just keeps going (it has gone to 78 and still no response). It never lowers the flame or it never shuts off the stove. It doesnt seem to do much if anything. Should the Thermostat and pellet stove work just like a regular furnace? My home furnace goes on and off with in seconds of reaching the appropriate temp. Is this not how pellet stoves work?? HELP!!! Or is my wireless skytech thermostat not working correctly??

Status
Not open for further replies.