Help wanted with Lopi Leyden DIY repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r. brian lindahl

Dec 14, 2014
sedro-woolley, wa
I've got a Lopi Leyden with a burnt-out controller board. Or I should say a badly fried capacitor on the board. If anyone has a similar stove and could tell me the writing on the part so that I can possibly replace it instead of ordering a new $250 board, I'd really appreciate it. Either the numbers on it, or a nice clear picture of it would be wonderful. The part in question is a round (disc-shaped) red capacitor, on the corner of the board immediately adjacent to the fuse. Apparently this bit is the first line of defense against a large power surge. :)

Thanks in advance...

brian

Hope some one with your stove spots this ... Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the power surge... pic of the board might help.

I've got a Lopi Leyden with a burnt-out controller board. Or I should say a badly fried capacitor on the board. If anyone has a similar stove and could tell me the writing on the part so that I can possibly replace it instead of ordering a new $250 board, I'd really appreciate it. Either the numbers on it, or a nice clear picture of it would be wonderful. The part in question is a round (disc-shaped) red capacitor, on the corner of the board immediately adjacent to the fuse. Apparently this bit is the first line of defense against a large power surge. :)

Thanks in advance...

brian
if all else fails, order the board, note the cap value and send the board back for a refund

There's a member on here who, as soon as he reads this, will I'm sure , be of great help to you. Hang in there, he usually reads the forum in the evening. Good luck & welcome

Too hard to see what's on the cap. It's pretty small round, flat, ceramic & letters faded- looks like maybe 130? Maybe try calling Travis and ask a tech what size/voltage the cap.
IMG_3333.JPG

Link I found:
http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/740293/products/Travis-Control-Board.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Lake Girl
Not a bad price - buy a new board and get the old one repaired as back-up;)

Thanks in advance...

brian
Hi Brian,

Travis Industries always recommends replacing the entire board. If we do replace just one part of it we run the risk of the appliance losing its listing and becoming an "illegal" unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.