Help with Diagnostics for a Central Boiler FireStar II Controller?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TEK

Feb 10, 2018
Anchorage, AK
Any tips on how to determine if the above Controller is bad? Mine doesn’t seem to be operating consistently. It shows an r-6.4 code when I first turn on the power. It goes away but there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how it opens the Solenoids Order is different every time.

Personally I have no experience with the firestar controller but I have been trying to help a guy with an edge that was brand new last year. His boiler has never gassed consistently. One day out of 7-10 it will gas. The rest of the time it will not gas. The dealer refuses to come out as look at it, he looked at it once and said it was no problem, manufacturer told him that he needed to buy the wifi xp add on so that they could diagnose it! What a joke! His sounds like possibly a bad controller. Is yours not gassing consistently?