Help with pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lacon

Nov 10, 2021
Boston
Hello, I have a heatilator ps35 pellet stove, went to use it for the first time this year and it turns on but it doesnt feed pellets, no one can service my stove until the end of January which is ridiculous, so I started throwing parts at it.........replaced all 3 snap discs, vacuum switch, hopper switch, tested the motor to the auger and it works, vacuumed and cleaned the entire stove along with the venting, and it still doesnt want to feed pellets. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I'm at the point where I'm just going to have to purchase a new one.

Check the heat level switch for continuity, If you do not have a meter,flip it back and forth a few times.

Sounds like an issue with the control module. A blown fuse within module would prevent auger feeding, same for the 7 pin driver chip. New modules are approximately $200, cheaper than buying a new stove.

Was unit unplugged during summer season?

Also, does module flash with blue LED for first 10 seconds when power cord is unplugged then plugged in?

Sounds like an issue with the control module. A blown fuse within module would prevent auger feeding, same for the 7 pin driver chip. New modules are approximately $200, cheaper than buying a new stove.

Was unit unplugged during summer season?

Also, does module flash with blue LED for first 10 seconds when power cord is unplugged then plugged in?
Yes it was unplugged during the summer. and when I turn it on theres a blue light that flashes 6 times.......also I just opened the control box and I do see a fuse but it's still good.

So, did you do a spring cleaning or just turned it off and let it sit? Sounds to me like either the auger drive motor has dry bearings or the reduction gearbox is dry and probably shot.

When was the last time you oiled the motor bearings or should I say, have you ever oiled them or cleaned on the accumulated filth in the cabinet?

Did you check the little gree pico fuse that's soldered in place? Lower left on the board with the the gold plated connector facing downward.
Lower left of the control unit has a black powdery residue, I'm going to order a control box.

20211111_191454.jpg

I greatly appreciate everyone's help in here, you all have been very helpful, I will keep everyone posted once I get the control box, thank you! 🍻

So, did you do a spring cleaning or just turned it off and let it sit? Sounds to me like either the auger drive motor has dry bearings or the reduction gearbox is dry and probably shot.

When was the last time you oiled the motor bearings or should I say, have you ever oiled them or cleaned on the accumulated filth in the cabinet?
Every year when I am done using it I clean everything including the vent pipe, it's easy to do because it just goes straight out of the wall.

2 things before putting in new box--
1- inspect complete wiring harness,for a spot that may have shorted out
2- consider adding fuses to your igniter, you should be able to find instructions with the search box above

I see on your board the small fuse is not green, but silver looking, sorry for the mis-direction there.. Usually when the fuse blows the 7 pin driver chip is also fried, resulting in no auger operation. Replacement parts are available if you know how to remove and solder them back in place.

2 things before putting in new box--
1- inspect complete wiring harness,for a spot that may have shorted out
2- consider adding fuses to your igniter, you should be able to find instructions with the search box above
Will do, thank you

I see on your board the small fuse is not green, but silver looking, sorry for the mis-direction there.. Usually when the fuse blows the 7 pin driver chip is also fried, resulting in no auger operation. Replacement parts are available if you know how to remove and solder them back in place.
All good, cant believe I missed it the first time i took it apart, I already ordered it but will buy the parts and save this one, thanks

Those fuses with the tiny wires inside are hard for this old man to see. Have to use a magnifying glass most times...