Help with the fireplace blower please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilya

Dec 9, 2016
New Jersey
Hi everyone,

I got a new for me wood burning fireplace in the house we moved into and would like to add a blower kit as we use it pretty much every day and the family spends the whole evening in the living room.

I was making a search and having a hard time identifying which model blower I will need. My fireplace resembles Majestic Sovereign but is a bit different: door handles are on top vs bottom and inside I have safety doors vs sliding mesh.

The most confusing part of selecting a blower is the fact that I have a "wall" with round 3 and 4" cutouts about 4" away from the rear wall of the fireplace.

I hope the pictures show what I'm trying to describe better. The height of my lower vent is about 3.75".

I'm very hesitant cutting out the "mini wall" with the circles before checking with the experts.

Please help...

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3381.JPG IMG_3382.JPG IMG_3383.JPG IMG_3384.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's not a circulating fireplace, then you probably won't be able to add a blower.
Even then, the amount of heat you will get from this will be negligible.
Look behind the mesh doors at the top left or top right of the opening & see if the rating plate is there.
That is where it's usually located...

I wasn't able to find any labels etc.
That would be surprising as I have the vents on top and bottom of the fire box. I also tried to blow the air with a regular fan into the bottom vent and it started to come out from the top. Without fire of course :)

Another new find. There's a small lever (not the flute) that has word control and open close. Is that for fresh air by any chance?
IMG_3386.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe so. There should be a small hood on the outside of your house where the air would come enter the building.

Also, if a blower IS an option, there would be an electrical junction box INSIDE the lower cavity of the unit, under the fire box.

Status
Not open for further replies.