HELP!!! ( won’t even start anymore)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sviz99

Oct 18, 2018
New Hampshire
I have a Harman P68... worked well the last few years, had a professional clean an install a new igniter ( bought used, never worked) stove shop that installed it is out of business after ripping a lot of ppl off ( pre paid pellets got me for a ton & 1/2) but it’s getting cold an after using the stove 3 times to get the chill out of the house I’m ready to run it daily... I had it set to auto since now with the igniter I can ran twice, after auto shut down ( got hotter outside, so heat stayed inside where no need for stove to run) it tried to fire back up around 11:30pm an all that happened was all lights came in, NO auger sounds, NO sounds for pot blower that helps keep ignited.. an if I turn the feed back below zero to push threw pellets I get nothing but a distribution fan... it’s just making a horrible loud humming... what can I do??? I’ve cleaned it, checked all piping for clogs ( squirrels this summer) filled the pellets area, tried resetting board by unplugging.... what else can I try, not much $ to buy every part an replace an it’s $75 just to have someone “ look” at it to tell me... HELP...

I am not a Harman owner, so hopefully some one more knowledgeable than me will comment.

But to clear things up, what exactly happens when you turn on the stove?

I have a Harman P68... worked well the last few years, had a professional clean an install a new igniter ( bought used, never worked) stove shop that installed it is out of business after ripping a lot of ppl off ( pre paid pellets got me for a ton & 1/2) but it’s getting cold an after using the stove 3 times to get the chill out of the house I’m ready to run it daily... I had it set to auto since now with the igniter I can ran twice, after auto shut down ( got hotter outside, so heat stayed inside where no need for stove to run) it tried to fire back up around 11:30pm an all that happened was all lights came in, NO auger sounds, NO sounds for pot blower that helps keep ignited.. an if I turn the feed back below zero to push threw pellets I get nothing but a distribution fan... it’s just making a horrible loud humming... what can I do??? I’ve cleaned it, checked all piping for clogs ( squirrels this summer) filled the pellets area, tried resetting board by unplugging.... what else can I try, not much $ to buy every part an replace an it’s $75 just to have someone “ look” at it to tell me... HELP...

That bolded part suggests to me that a door is open, or not latched all the way. If you put it in test and a door is open, the auger doesn't turn. However, one fan should come on to push smoke and ash out the exhaust (that is the mode I have it on for cleaning so that ash doesn't come into the house).

Try opening and reclosing the main door, ash pan door and hopper door. It is also possible that if you have a push rod for the hopper door, that it either is not being pushed down all the way, or that it became unplugged from the control board.

Hope it is one of these easy and no $$ fixes!.