HF Woodstove Electric Heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCorcoran

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2010
Richmond, VA
I'm heading up to the cabin this weekend. The forecast predicts a low Monday night of -2 degrees F. The bathroom there is farthest from the real woodstove, so I headed to HF today and picked up one of their electric space heaters that looks like a woodstove (after reading some positive reviews on this site). I'll let you know when I return if it does the trick. (Two levels: 750W or 1500W).

P.S. With a regular price of $100, it's on sale for $80. I had a 25%-off coupon from AARP magazine, so I got it for $60 plus tax. Seemed like a good price...

I've used the cheap oil filled radiators you can pick up after the season dirt cheap! I bought 2 for the kids rooms for $ 19 each. They have a thermostat and kick on - only in the early morning hours when the stove has cooled down. They hold up nicely and put out a great deal of heat.

Nothing worse than a cold bathroom! Let us know how it works out

Well, I just got back from the cabin. It was -9 degrees F on Tuesday morning and the wind was howling from Monday afternoon until Tuesday evening. I must say, I'm delighted with that little heater. I kept the bathroom door closed and that heater was the only heat in the room (it's spacious, about 10' x 12'). It ran for 4 days and nights continuously and the room never got below 65 degrees (I had it on the 750w setting, not the 1500w, and didn't have the thermostat turned up more than half way). Color me "happy camper"...

After my wife saw a video of the electric "woodstove" heater in action at the cabin, she decided she wanted one for her "nest" in the basement, which can get chilly in the winter. Just bought her one and installed it...she loves it!

Reactions: n3pro
I wondered about them. I like the looks of them and see a few people with them. Like many things, perception is relative. Some love them and say they work great, others say they are nothing more then for looks. Thanks for the post

I wondered about them. I like the looks of them and see a few people with them. Like many things, perception is relative. Some love them and say they work great, others say they are nothing more then for looks. Thanks for the post

Well, in all honesty, it is just an electric space heater that looks like a woodstove. But as my wife said, there's something mesmerizing about gazing into the "dancing flames", even if they're not real.

Status
Not open for further replies.