Hi Guys! Long Time No See

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tennman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Mar 4, 2009
Southern Tenn
Well once I installed the Winhager pellet boiler I pretty much vanished from the forum. My apologies to the folks who private messaged me and I haven't looked in here for several year!!! Back in the early days..... oh..... 2008-2009 I was on this forum hourly getting advice to solve all my startup problems...... Which by the way were mostly due to poorly seasoned wood... and a heavy dose of ignorance. Spent 3-4 hours Saturday cleaning and inspecting the Windhager making sure it was ready for the 20-21 season. Looked at the poor, lonely BioMass.... it felt so neglected last season. Don't believe I fired here once. But will this season just to expend some 5-6 year seasoned firewood! Back in the day I would DREAMED of wood that dry. The Windhager continues to be crazy reliable and efficient. I never cease to be amazed of the amount of ash left from burning 4-5 TONS of pellets. It's just crazy it will convert 20,000 lbs of pellets to maybe 30-40 lbs of ash.... I'm just guessing but I'm not far off! Versus the BioMass it's just amazing. But there's still nothing quite like going out at 8 or 9 PM in the dark and smelling faintly that wood burning from the BioMass. Don't smell anything from the Windhager. Anyway the foam in trench I put in... geez.... 11-12 years ago continues to perform flawlessly. I love the lazy effort of just adding pellets to the storage hopper every few days during the coldest days. I check everything probably twice a day just because I like to see it work. Anyway Cheers and Best Wishes to all the old guys.

IMG_2639.JPG