HI300 Glass Gasket Size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orenn89

Dec 14, 2014
Central Ct
Does anyone know what the size is for the glass gasket for the HI300? I found the PN in the manual of the regency part number but cant seem to figure out what size would work. Looking on amazon there are all sorts of sizes, i thought it would be a generic fit type thing.

IIRC, it's 3/4" tape gasket. With the glass in the middle,
fold the gasket down the outer inner surfaces, adhering
equal amounts of gasket to each surface.
Make sure you don't stretch it as you attach it.
Start at one of the lower corners & work your way around the glass.
Cut it to length after you've gone all the way around &
push the ends tight together.

Daksy,
you said adhere the gasket equally to boyh sides, using ? gasket cement? I wanted to use some gasket cement on the cast iron , but obviously I can not put it on both. Also 3/4 seems a bit short is any harm in using say 1 inch tape? Thanks for this question Orenn89 i almost bought the wrong size!

You can use 1" if you feel like it, but it will be visible thru to glass. You DON'T need to use
ANY adhesive. Tape gasket already has adhesive added to one side...

936-243 7/8" Window Adhesive Tape(found same part in h300manual) , my hi300 is older style, i have already bought the 11/16 thinking would be just 1/16 off no big deal, but actually may be because the retainer needs also sit on the gasket, i go heavy on the cast side and use old gasket under the retainer ;) just for a future reference, this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.