High Low Fan Switch on Harmans?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmiraglia

Nov 26, 2007
Philadelphia
I have read a couple times about a hi-lo fan switch on some (?) Harmans. I have an Accentra insert. Do I have something like this? I didn't see anything in the manual. If so what is it for? Cheers...

My Accentra fs has one... open the control panel and look to the right. It's a rocker switch.

My new XXV also has this "hidden" switch. It's not mentioned in manual and due to it's location, it almost seems to be an after thought! Through experimentation in the past few days, I can only guess that the switch gives the distribution fan a "boost" on the high setting only. My installers pointed it out to my and explained it me like that. But, again, it's not explained in the manual, so I'm left to speculate, and of course, refer to Hearth.com!

pe islander said:
My new XXV also has this "hidden" switch. It's not mentioned in manual and due to it's location, it almost seems to be an after thought! Through experimentation in the past few days, I can only guess that the switch gives the distribution fan a "boost" on the high setting only. My installers pointed it out to my and explained it me like that. But, again, it's not explained in the manual, so I'm left to speculate, and of course, refer to Hearth.com!

It is a high/low switch for the blower when using on high settings.
As others have mentioned, this switch is not mentioned in the manual anywhere.

Luckily, my dealer/installers were great in explaining just about everything about
this stove and what little they missed Hearth.com has covered..LOL.

I think you saw the answer on your other post but for others benefit:
"look where the panel folds into the stove. the high/low rocker switch is on the stove
itself, not on the panel where the settings are."This didn't seem to apply on my accentra insert.

Yep, I sure did, but thanks for posting it anyway....again, anyone using the lousy owner's manual won't find the dumb thing....ha

I am amazed that they build such a good product and such a poor manual....goodness, I shure hope the stove is better than the manual....ugh!!!!!!!!

davzog said:
I am amazed that they build such a good product and such a poor manual....goodness, I shure hope the stove is better than the manual....ugh!!!!!!!!

Even with a lousy manual, I am still a happy XXV owner. You will be too.
Once you understand the "personality" of your stove, you won't need to look the manual
anymore anyhow.

Truly, I do like the stove a lot...it is our 1st one, and I am very impressed...

We pu it in the finished family room in the basement and it actually heats the upstairs, too...

Over the weekend we set thefurnace thermostat to 59, and the living room upstairs was at 66 or more just from the heat of the stove going up the open staircase....sure cannot complain about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.