Him/Harman xxv--Her/Quadrafire Mt Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksinn

Nov 23, 2007
Eastern PA
I am new to this site and glad I found it. We have never had a pellet stove.We have had a direct vent propane stove for the last 13 years. It did heat the house well but are looking to purchase a cheaper heating source
First, I have read threads on both of these stoves only to get confused about what to purchase
We are going to the dealer tomorrow and I feel well informed but concerned about the problems mentioned with Harman being sold to Quad
also the glitches with the quad and the dealer needing to purchase expensive equipment in order to diagnose problems.
So my point is-----What do I buy?
My husband is all about how the stove LOOKS
Im more concerned with getting my moneys worth and not to have to worry about servicing problems.
I would like something with a large hopper-quiet-can heat 1700 sq ft.
Ofcourse we picked two different stoves!!!
Also, anyone out there buy pellets in the lehigh valley for a good price?
Also Carbon county/ Monroe county area?
I understand they are more expensive now and plan on buying in the spring for the following winter.

I would think you would be better in the long run going with a coal stove, you are in coal country there (I got some family in Allentown)
For me it was heat first looks second
For the Mrs it was looks first heat second.
We both won......
Don't worry about the Harman deal with Quad.

Status
Not open for further replies.