Holy Burn Pot Batmon! - Will the new style work better? P2700 - FSA !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I found this old P2700 because the fire kept dying out! Does that burn pot explain the problem here? ? ? See pics below!

The old 1 piece burn pot has seen better days! ! ! They do not make them like this anymore!

Does the new 2 piece burn pot work better?

click to enlarge:

Attachments

• OrigP2700Burnpot1.JPG
    OrigP2700Burnpot1.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 380
  • OrigP2700Burnpot1 (2).JPG
    OrigP2700Burnpot1 (2).JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 338
  • A-S-BurnpotAssembly.jpg
    A-S-BurnpotAssembly.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 323
  • P2700FSA.JPG
    P2700FSA.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 361
Hello

I found this old P2700 because the fire kept dying out! Does that burn pot explain the problem here? ? ? See pics below!

The old 1 piece burn pot has seen better days! ! ! They do not make them like this anymore!

Does the new 2 piece burn pot work better?

click to enlarge:
I don't know about working any better. I have had no problems with mine. There was someone on here a while ago that complained about the inner pot not lasting very long, burning through I believe. I think I have had mine for about ten years with no problem whatsoever.

I always equate the fire dying out on a combination of pellets & pellet flow/setting. My old '94 won't burn for long on a setting below 3. The smaller the pellet the better chance it will last on a low setting IMO.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Yes, the new two piece works just fine. I have had several people tell me they work better than the old single piece ever did, but I am not sure if it really does or if it is just someone seeing the first good flame from their stove in a few years making them think so. Probably the latter. However the new two piece does make changing out the burn grate more economical.

Good info, I am sure the 2 piece with the stainless steel insert does last alot longer!

Who's "Batmon"? Or is it "Batmom"?

The butler Alfred, the only character that knew Batman was Bruce Wayne had this old British accent that sounded to me like Batmon! < LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.