Homelite Chainsaw idle issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bayshorecs

Sep 28, 2008
Central Illinois
I have a cheapo homelite bandit chainsaw that is giving me some headache.

The saw refuses to idle without reving the engine. If I set it down, the saw will die. Other than that, it cuts fine. I see a couple of adjustment screws on the side but I don't have a manual to know how to adjust them. There is a 'T', 'L', 'H' adjustment. Which way and which one should I mess with?

Had/Have the same problem with a Homelite. I was thinking it may be the air filter but when I opened it up, couldn't even find the air filter. Took it to the saw shop. They said all they did was clean the carb. Runs a little better now but still not right. Hopefully, somebody more knowledgable about Homelites can help us out.

The "T" is throttle adjustment, the "L" is low side gas input to carb and the "H" is the high side. The "T" should be adjustable with a small flathead screwdriver. The L & H will either have limiters or need a special tool to adjust. Try turning the "T" in CW. This should give the saw more throttle while at idle. You don't want to go so far as to have the chain moving while at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.