hot water circulare and blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2003

Hearth Supporter
Feb 16, 2010
southern ohio
I think I got this figured out ,but lets have your thoughts...
Is this how things work , unpressuurized system with transfer pump circulating all the time and when the termistate calls for heat tha blower kicks on.. wouldnt this make for no delivery time on the hot water? wouldnt this be the simplest of setups on a homemade boiler system regardless on what boiler i decide to make?

OWBs are hooked up kind of like that. They are unpressurized and circulate water as long as the boiler is up to temp. That unpressurized water then runs through flat plate hxs to transfer that heat to DHW tank, and pressurized heating zones. If you are building an unpressurized boiler, then that is a viable option. Just make sure you protect everything in the unpressurized loop from corrosion.

my loop doesnt have to be pressurized does it? Garn doesnt use a pressurized loop do they ? I would be using a water to air hx

joe2003 said:
my loop doesnt have to be pressurized does it? Garn doesnt use a pressurized loop do they ? I would be using a water to air hx

No it would not. If you were hooking it into an existing pressurized boiler system, then there would be benefits to use a plate hx and keeping the existing system pressurized. If all you need is a water to air hx, then you would be fine.

Garn typically uses a plate hx to separate the systems to my knowledge.

all i have now is a woodburner so what i was thinking is just build a airhandler water to air blower controlled by termistate

Status
Not open for further replies.