How do you guys clean out the exhaust vent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gqllc007

Sep 1, 2014
Albany NY
I have an Avalon APG that vents straight out the back..there is a section of the 4" vent tubing that I can remove the end cap. How or what do you use to clean the tub out with?

Brush then shop vac or electric leaf blower. Search for 'leaf blower trick'.

I used a 4" round furnace brush while the stove was off, but the blower running. Now I just do the Leaf Blower trick, and it gets just as clean.

I use a lint eater

I am thinking of adding another switch DPDT to disconnect my control board from the combustion blower and power it direct from the 120v inlet for when I'm in there cleaning. I can see how it could be handy having a draw anytime the door is open.

I use a metal drip rail... use the V to scoop out by going in the side, then turn and catch it in the V. Don't even have to turn off the stove.
It will make dust, so watch it. They come in 8' lengths.. so bend it to get it home. Be careful it doesn't go in to far and hit the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.