How do YOU keep your house from smelling like a chimney??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps some heat shield around the stove if is stays where it is. Can you move the stove and hearth pad out? A couple 45 deg bends to get you to the top would probably make the install much safer at the bottom - although I'm not sure if it would add to the stress already there from a long pipe perspective, as mentioned by NE Wood Burner. Can't tell from the pic (my tired eyes) if the label on the cement board on the left is Permabase? I'm guessing probably not, but if so, that's another thing that I believe has been kicked around here recently (permabase has some foam bits in the core - great tile backer but not be the best heat shield, as I recall....). Exposed poly vapor barrier is a fire hazard too.

Congrats on the resourceful approach into wood heat, but please take care of the clearance issues mentioned in the threads here. Like you said, that stove really throws the heat. Give it some room to breath. Be safe...

Status
Not open for further replies.