how much expected to spend??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi cs and welcome to the boards,you are in the same boat i was in a few months back
i got a quadrafire santa fe insert for a little under $4000 installed including one ton of pellets
i had a 3 guys out for estimates and did a ton of research
instead of asking multiple questions of people on the board i would suggest you do some research yourself....you can learn a lot by doing searches and reading sticky threads like this one
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewannounce/13750_22/
at the top of the forum
a lot of what you are looking for has already been discussed at some point so you just need to try and find it
try visiting the sellers websites for more info and pricing

In my area you can get one at the local home depot (where I bought mine) for around 2k. (I got mine at the end of the heating season for half price!) The thing is though that you have to install it yourself. I was able to buy the vent pipe for an additional $170. The installation was pretty easy to do, as it didn't really require much more than putting a couple of holes in the wall. If you yourself aren't real handy at cutting the holes, I'm sure you could find a friend, or local handyman to help you out for pretty cheap. If you are installing a stand alone stove rather that an insert you will also need to place the stove on a fireproof surface. At first I got a cheap hearth pad for about $40, but have since replaced it with something that looks a bit nicer.

I got my Harmen Accentra installed with 3 tons of pellets delivered and stacked in my basement (couldn't ask for more) for 4k. The bad news is it was last October. I did save a lot of money on install though because I had the existing pellet liner in the stack from an older pellet stove. So was a basic slide in and spend 3 hours trying to make it fit properly. Same guys came and polished the stove a couple of weeks ago. So they are standing behind the stove (so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.