How Often have you had to..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
For those of you who have been burning wood in your homes for a number of years now, who have stand-alone fire boxes in your house, with a relative "straight up" flue system.............

"How often have you had to replace your double-wall flue pipe? Just wondering what I can expect, with the same setup mentioned, for life expectancy of the Flue Pipe. (Taking into account a reasonably regular maintenance program).

-Soupy1957

The Selkirk pipe we took down when we remodeled in 2006 was about 22 yrs old then. It was in great shape. The pipe should last a long time.

This setup is just over 10 years old, and looked great when I cleaned it this spring.

Well THAT'S encouraging!!! Based on the two responses so far, I guess we can hope for at LEAST 10 years of use, before even THINKING about replacing the existing Flue Pipe sections!

On the other hand, I might STILL see if I can get a section for my vertical pipe in the living room, that has an additional damper, (in addition to the one on the stove).

-Soupy1957

Almost all of them have limited lifetimes warrenties also. So long as you're not exhausting rocket launches with the stuff, they promise it'll last.

Status
Not open for further replies.