How to get flexi pipe into air intake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

campwilder

Dec 7, 2018
california
I have a PH35PS and when you knock the knock out door the pipe to attach the air intake flexible pipe to...is WAY inside and WAY up and not anywhere near that little door you "simply" knock out according to the almost non existent directions.

I literally cannot find anything anywhere on this.

Any help appreciated!

You have to run the flex pipe through the stove to attach it. If your handy with a welder you could use exhaust pipe pre bends welded and make a tube to the rear.

You have to run the flex pipe through the stove to attach it. If your handy with a welder you could use exhaust pipe pre bends welded and make a tube to the rear.

Wow that is totally crazy that they would design an air intake that requires welding. I am shocked and now wish I had gotten a stove that was not some poor design. thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I really am totally shocked.

They don’t require it, I suggested it.

They don’t require it, I suggested it.

crazy though that it is literally unreachable to human hands though. it doesnt make any sense. I will try and call the manufacturer. the only way to get the pipe on, is to remove the back of the stove (unscrew it) that seems crazy to me for putting together an air intake pipe to a pellet stove. I plan to use it without it and see how it runs. its just really strange to me that it is suggested to use the flexible pipe for better burning but you cannot reach it at all. do you know what I am talking about?

No I don’t have that particular stove. But it doesn’t look likes it to bad if the rear panel is removed to acces it.
C61469D4-5809-47E3-9695-F6A47BF15818.png

You can also get silicone elbows and and couplers to make the access easier. you'll regret not installing an OAK when every draft in your house flows cold air into your place...just saying...do it right once and don't worry about it again.

Last edited: