How to remove lid from Enviro M55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

outspoken

Mar 6, 2020
NY
I'm trying to replace the circuit board on an Enviro WH-M55C standalone pellet stove. There doesn't appear to be any set screws on the face of the circuit board. The top will lift up a little in the front, but seems to be attached to something in the back that is not clearly visible. Would appreciate some insight on how to replace the circuit board.

Attachments

• 20200306_154341.jpg
    20200306_154341.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 169
Take out the two bolts holding the lid.

I think that will just remove the hinged lid on the top, not the top itself. I need to remove the entire top piece that includes the lid. I looked underneath and the bolts attach to the top only and nothing else. So the top will still be securely attached to the unit.

I'm attaching a new image with a green circle around the piece I am trying to remove. I put yellow circles around the bolts I think you're mentioning.

Attachments

• circled-enviro-m55.jpg
    circled-enviro-m55.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
To access the daughter board, I assume the entire top should lift off, its heavy cast iron, if its like the Enviro Windsor and Empress there are no fasteners holding it in place, it doesn't show any of the fasteners in the manual and it doesn't show you everything or the underside of the top, but a quick check around the underside of the top will reveal if there are any fasteners, again I assume the heavy top just sits in place with rope gasket, it may be a little jammed as it sits over the cast iron side panels snugly and depending on assembly or any shifting it could be a tight fit.

JRemington was correct. Just needed to remove those two bolts. There is an inner sheet metal lining that is riveted together separate from the top and those bolts go through that sheet metal holding it in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: MalcolmH
To open the M-55 Cast up.
1. Open the Top Fill plate and remove the two Bolts and plastic corners holding the fill plate on. Move to safe area.
2 . Lift the entire Cast top off (weighs about 20 lbs). The daughter board will stay behind and just sort of floats in a pocket.
3. To remove the R and L Cast sides you loosen (not remove) the two top bolts just inside the side cast covers.
4. Lift the sides straight up. They weigh about 15 lbs. each
5. To remove the rear sheet metal cowl loosen the Torx screws in every corner. You may have to fiddle the cowl them around a bit to get it to pop off the screw heads.

This opens the externals of the stove up for repairs or cleaning.

Good Luck,
---Nailer---