How to remove surround on Regency insert without pulling unit out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bens_igloo

Jan 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
The surround on my Regency i2400 is a bit crooked - the top panel was screwed in slightly higher on one side than the other by my installer.

So I want to take it off and position it correctly. I removed the trim around the surround but it looks like I need to pull the insert out to be able to remove the three surround panels.

Anybody know if there's a way to remove the panels without having the pull out the unit?

Take a look at page 10 of the manual for assembly instructions. Usually you can reach the screws by pulling the unit slightly out from the fireplace face. An inch or two may do. Be careful not to disturb the flue liner connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.