How to remove this 6"-3" adapter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MwCrf450r

Jun 9, 2021
Maine
So I have a wood stove in the basement and a pellet stove upstairs. I want to swap them. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to remove this adapter? Any advice?

20220109_143044.jpg

I can spin it but doesn't seen to want to come loose. Have I just not found the sweet spot yet? I can feel any screws

When you say you can spin it, are you spinning the 3” part Only? That adapter looks like it is stuck into a larger pipe. It should come out right at the edge where it goes to 6”.

Reactions: Mt Bob
When you say you can spin it, are you spinning the 3” part Only? That adapter looks like it is stuck into a larger pipe. It should come out right at the edge where it goes to 6”.
I got it. It was glued into a 6" piece then glued into the flue. That flexible rubber stuff holds pretty stinkin well lol