How to shut down Harman P-43 with thermostat hook-up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

benbo63

Hello, I have hook-up a RTH230b combine with the sensor ( serial connection) , evereything works fine, except when i want to shut it down, stove stay on maintenace mode even with the knob on the stove turned off. what is the right procedure to shut down the stove, I've tried many ways and finaly it stopped, after many tried.

Attachments

• IMG_20190107_200122.jpg
    IMG_20190107_200122.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 89
Exactly. In Manual it will stay lit. I just turn mine to AUTO and turn temp to 50f. Then turn it off after it's done the cooldown. Once a day so I can clean it. Wipe glass down and scrap burnpot. Couple Min work.

Hey again! Did just that, stove turn off ok, but not instantly, it took about 10-15 mins to shut down completly and then cool down. Normal or not???
I didnot bother with this issue before because i turned it off and leave then back to clean it after 2 hours, didnt notice if it was still running a while before it shut down. i will check it out next time to be sure it is ok.

Hey again! Did just that, stove turn off ok, but not instantly, it took about 10-15 mins to shut down completly and then cool down. Normal or not?
Sounds normal to me. That's about what mine takes. By the time the fans shut off, the stove is only slightly warm to the touch, and the ashes are safe to vacuum (I always check, however).