How would you finish this fireplace off?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky8443

Burning Hunk
Apr 22, 2014
Glenside, PA
How would you proceed before placing the shroud on this blaze king princess insert? thanks in advance.

I took off the interior wood trim because the black shroud was touching it and I didn't like the blacks shroud which gets relatively warm to be touching combustible surface. I have a stone saw so I was going to cut a brick trim to finish on the inside of this white trim (to absorb radiant heat), but then for the flat part I guess I want to fill it in with something and I don't know what any advice at all?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 130
A natural stone of some kind would be gorgeous. Really happy with my slate hearth pad. For your application, you could go with slate, granite, marble or something else depending on your taste and the look of the rest of your home. Since I can't see the room, I've no idea what might fit. But it looks like a traditional place so maybe marble. I've seen some gorgeous, almost translucent, marble that was the color of cream. Loved it but it would not have worked in my home.

How would you proceed before placing the shroud on this blaze king princess insert? thanks in advance.

I took off the interior wood trim because the black shroud was touching it and I didn't like the blacks shroud which gets relatively warm to be touching combustible surface. I have a stone saw so I was going to cut a brick trim to finish on the inside of this white trim (to absorb radiant heat), but then for the flat part I guess I want to fill it in with something and I don't know what any advice at all?
I used Black Absolute granite to finsih off my fireplace when I installed a Lopi Flush Wood Plus Cape Cod Insert, looks nice I think.

Attachments

• Lopi1.jpg
    Lopi1.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 81
image.jpg This was brick faced like yours, putting up some stone tile makes a world of difference, it was cheap and easy too.....

Also consider tile with a stone mantel. Tile is cheap and easy and can look very good if tastefully selected.

I would go with marble, I think it would look great against black shroud. Ram's 1500 tile work looks nice too. Hey Prichan what a great looking stove you got:)

Status
Not open for further replies.