Hudson River West Point Fair Price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fat.asian13

Apr 17, 2020
North East
Hi all, I've never had a pellet stove before and I was browsing around my local facebook buy and sell groups and saw a Hudson River West Point for sale that includes the stove, 3 bags of pellets, the piping and hearth pad for $750. Guy says it is 8 years old, he's second owner and he just replaced the igniter and blower last winter. Does this sound fair? Should I try and go $600?

TIA

There are better parts to put in the stove also to beef it up, let us know if you get it. Then we can recommend what to do. I know those stoves very well, it does really crank out the heat!

Reactions: fat.asian13
There are better parts to put in the stove also to beef it up, let us know if you get it. Then we can recommend what to do. I know those stoves very well, it does really crank out the heat!
Sounds good! We agreed on a price for the stove, now we’re just trying to work out the details like when and how to come get it. Thats good to hear. My basement is cold in the winter, too cold to do what I’d like to be doing down there and it should heat the upstairs too since there’s no insulation between the basement and main floor.

Sounds good! We agreed on a price for the stove, now we’re just trying to work out the details like when and how to come get it. Thats good to hear. My basement is cold in the winter, too cold to do what I’d like to be doing down there and it should heat the upstairs too since there’s no insulation between the basement and main floor.
Sounds good! My house is so much larger now that we have a pellet stove in the basement and we can use it all winter!
After that, I put a pellet stove in the garage and another in the workshop. Then I put one in the shed! Plenty of things I can do in the winter now. :)

So I got the stove and I’m wondering how to vent it out of one of the basement windows. If I remove the window, would I use a wall thimble and just some pieces of plywood to vent the stove out?

Reactions: Don2222
What were the upgrades you were talking about to beef it up? I'd definitely like it to last awhile.

Hello
Thanks for asking
New version 3 control panel, Nylatron auger bearing, heavy duty exhaust blower, better convection blower and heavy duty burn pot with a stainless steel bottom. PM me with you email address for more info. :)
Also the exhaust blower cooling fan. The last production units came with one. There is a reason.