Hunting story.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

What's a Kopi Luwak

Posted by: Smokedragon in another thread.
That's coffee that has been eaten by a Civet Cat and then the beans are collected "post digestion". The cat supposedly only eats the best beans, and their digestive enzymes make the coffee considerably better than before..........It is expensive ($350 a pound), but I can't drink poop coffee.

The above reply by smokedragon, brought back what happened on a solo hunt in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Didn't want to steal the other thread. So..................

While hunting, some years back, I opened up a squirrel's cash and filled a pouch with nuts, the squirrel was jumping up and down, screaming at me to stop, put them back. I told him, I only wanted a couple hands full. No! he needed them all, he was still yelling as I walked over the next rise.

crossing a power line road, couple miles on, I saw deer droppings Inside the deer stuff was the same type of nuts I'd stolen from that noisy rodent. The deer swallow the nuts with the thick skin whole, digest the skin and drop the nut in his mess, that's where that selfish little goof had gotten them in the first place. The nuts were a bit bitter but I ate them that day and that night by the campfire.

Richard

... that selfish little goof had gotten them in the first place.

Interesting definition of selfish. You don't mind when I take some of your wood? Just a face cord.

Well. The squirrel really should have willingly shared his cash of nuts since you had none and he had plenty. Saving them all for himself was a greedy act and helps no one else. ;)

Reactions: valley ranch
Well. The squirrel really should have willingly shared his cash of nuts since you had none and he had plenty. Saving them all for himself was a greedy act and helps no one else. ;)

How very progressive of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.