Huntsman 2 door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jkronke

Feb 2, 2020
Michigan
I have just acquired a Huntsman 2 door wood stove that I am going to install in my barn where I have my wood shop. I have broke it down and cleaned everything of rust and painted it with 2 coats of high temp paint. I am trying to find the model number so that I can search for the manual online. It has an 8in opening on the back and 3 breather ports on each door. If anyone has one that could share the model number that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 204
400 DD. The were just known as Double Door.

huntsman-400dd-space-heater-parts

The 241 manual should give all the information you need. I've never seen a double door manual. The only thing different than single door would be open door burning. If you have the fire screen for open door burning, I can walk you through that. Installation for safety would be following NFPA 211 for unlisted appliances.

Last edited:
Awesome Thank you so much. I know talking to local companies in Michigan that I need 18” clearance from combustibles. But the one question that I do have is going through the roof (pole barn with metal roof) has anyone used the silicone flashing?

Attachments

• 721AE961-6C76-4E6B-900F-8AECF086BB32.png
    721AE961-6C76-4E6B-900F-8AECF086BB32.png
    412 KB · Views: 182
18 inches would be the clearance to combustibles of single wall connector pipe. Double wall connector pipe allows 6 inch clearance and the stove needs to be 36 from any combustible without a properly built ventilated protector. This is in reference to connector pipe, not the chimney pipe which can be double or triple wall. Barns and pole buildings normally require more than 8 feet of connector pipe which allows excessive cooling of flue gasses before entering chimney. Stoves are designed for an 8 foot ceiling, so precautions are advised to prevent excessive cooling of flue gas with double wall pipe when installing in high ceiling or cathedral type installations. Older stoves were built with large outlets to allow more heat loss which allowed the use of larger existing fireplace chimneys. Todays codes no longer allow reduction of pipe or chimney smaller than flue collar outlet of stove, even though many physically work fine reduced. Not sure what size your venting it with.

An 8 inch metal prefab chimney is 10 inches in diameter for a double wall "pack" type and 12 inches in diameter for a triple wall air ventilated type. The only chimney pipe that would be 8 inches OD is double wall 6 inch.
The flashing through roof uses a metal cone shape flashing with storm collar that allows intake air into the chimney support box. Not sure of double wall insulated chimney pipe needing this air intake, but all through the roof kits come with the necessary flashing. It is a UL tested product that needs to be installed as per manufacturer installation instructions with all the same manufacturers parts to become a listed assembly.

Last edited:
Awesome Thank you so much. I know talking to local companies in Michigan that I need 18” clearance from combustibles. But the one question that I do have is going through the roof (pole barn with metal roof) has anyone used the silicone flashing?
I do not like the silicone boots at all. I only use metal flashing