Huntsman door gasket size?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Abnormelli

Nov 25, 2019
Peralta, NM
I just purchased this stove - I think its a Huntsman. I saw a thread about the size of the door gasket but it was so many years ago, the thread is closed. Does anyone know what size gasket for the door? It currently does not have a door gasket. I have a 3/8" gasket and it seems to fit but it isn't very raised once its in the groove so I thought I would ask before I cement it in.

1574729084676.png

Calling @pen to the front desk.

Calling @pen to the front desk.

I'm afraid I do not recall what I used.

I used Rutland 3/8" Black Replacement Rope Gasket with Cement. (Amazon) Works great on my huntsman 2 door model. You have to really get the old one out with the a wire brush. I used a wire wheel on my drill. Doors close very snug now.